2014, I'm Ready for You


I never have been one for a list of new year's resolutions. However, I like coming up with a couple general things I would like to see (or not see) in my life. Usually these are personality traits about myself I would like to see changed. Things that will stretch me and help me grow in the direction I want to grow.

Over the past few years, picking a word for the year has become popular. I like this idea, but have never really felt drawn to a word for the year. As I was thinking about ways in my life I would like to grow in 2014, I realized there was an overall theme and thus I came up with a word for 2014.


generous


I want to be a generous person. I want to be generous with my love. I want to be generous with my resources. I want to be generous with my home (inviting people over more often). I KNOW this word will stretch me. Durning 2013, I got better at being a generous person, but I want to take it to the extreme this year. I hope and pray that my heart and my life will stretch, grow and change as I start becoming a more generous person.


How about you? Do you have a word for the year or any new year's resolutions?



You can also find me on:

2 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed doing this over the last couple of years (although I didn't get that creative... first it was "be intentional" and then it was "slow & steady, with intention). But this year, God's clearly telling me to "Be Still". It's a good reminder when I'm about to lose my temper, or when my insecurities are creeping in, or when I feel overwhelmed or worried, etc. Looking forward to seeing how God uses it this year! Also looking forward to keeping up with your generosity journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to see how God stretches you this year and how he uses it to draw you to himself!

    Feel free to buy me taco bell anytime! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails