Back to School

I have a bit of a confession to make...


I didn't buy one singe thing for Connor starting preschool for the first time. No first day outfit, no new backpack (he doesn't even take one to school!), no new shoes, no new anything. When I see all these other moms of preschoolers talking about their back to school shopping, I feel a pang of guilt. Then I remember being told at Connor's orientation to dress him in things that are ok getting dirty. And I kid you not, this kid paints every singe stinking time he goes to school. Guilt gone. Kind of

Since having Connor, I never really have had any sort of schedule. And to be honest, I have kind of liked it that way. The morning time seems to have the most going on, so getting out of the house before 11am has always been a challenge for me. I don't like rushing the morning. I like my kids taking 30 minutes to eat their cereal if they want to. I like drinking a cup of coffee and perusing the newspaper while they play. It is only after all this is done that I think about getting any of us dressed for the day. Like I said, I don't like to rush things. 

But with school days, we are settling into a routine. I get up and get ready. Then I wake Connor. I plop him at table with a bowl of cereal as I grab his clothes for the day. Once he is fed and dressed, I wake Isla. She gets her clothes slapped on her and is fed in the car on the way to preschool (come on, I don't want to get up that early!). 

And the mornings when Connor is in preschool? They almost feel sinful. I kid you not, carting around one kid is so much easier than two. In one morning I ran all (yes, ALL) my errands for the week. I even made it home and put everything away before needing to pick up Connor. I swear, it is kind of a life of leisure. 

And then I get to pick up my boy, see all his adorable crafts and listen to him tell stories about preschool the rest of the day. It is pretty stinking cute. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails