An Open Letter

This is an open letter to all the strangers in the world. This letter is necessary due to not one, but two different strangers making comments about my size today. 


Dear Ignorant Stranger:

Please, I beg of you, do not come up to me and tell me I look like I am going to pop. And to make it worse, you make a horrible face when I tell you I have 6 weeks to go. So not cool. Many women before me have been in this position. Let me tell you, none of us like the size of our bodies being commented on...and pregnancy does NOT give you that right. If you don't watch out, I may start saying things back to you. I am thinking something like, "well, what's your excuse for your stomach?" And I won't even feel bad about saying these things. You see, I have an extraordinary amount of hormones flowing through me right now, so it is no telling what I will do or say. Because of this, and because of common courtesy in general, if you have nothing nice to say, please don't say it at all!!

And in case you are looking for tips on what to say to a pregnant person, here are some good examples:

You look adorable.
I wasn't that small when I was pregnant.
Pregnancy looks good on you.
Can I help you with your bags? Or perhaps your squirming toddler?


See? There are appropriate things to say to a pregnant woman. I thank you all for your kindness and complements during the last 6ish weeks of my pregnancy. And if you do happen to say something not so nice, remember I gave you fair warning.

Sincerely,
Jessica


Note: I seriously don't get why all these stupid comments always come from women. And older women at that. Women who have most likely had babies back in the day.  They are probably the same ones that offer the stupidest parenting advice too.

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH. I can't believe how STUPID some people can be. Seriously… let loose the next time. I guess that's just angry me talking but anyone who says something so awful deserves it! By the way, you look adorable. And I mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you wouldn't comment on a woman's size when she's non-knocked-up, why would you comment when she's pregnant?!! That's what I can't believe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails