30.

Today is my thirtieth birthday.

The other day we were hanging out with a family that had a 15 year old. I kept looking at him and thinking to myself, I am twice your age. Crazy. I don't feel twice of what I was when I was 15. Yet, I have done a lot of growing up since then. Thankfully I no longer have braces (but have the straight teeth to show for them!) and I have my drivers license now. Not being 15 isn't so bad after all!

In honor of my 30th birthday, I thought I would show you a picture of me when I was young.

You know...


back


when


I


was


29.


Okay, so the picture was from when we were camping this week. But still, I was much younger back then...all those days ago. And the most adorable 17 month old ever just had to join me in the picture. He makes every picture cuter though.

In all honesty, I don't feel sad or weird about turning 30. I thought about it a couple weeks ago. I realized people usually feel sad about hitting a milestone year because they haven't done all the things they wanted to. The thing is, I have done a freaking lot of things in my 30 years. And, I have a wonderful husband, adorable son and great friends all over the world to show for it. No sadness or regret here. 

Plus, people always think I am in my early 20's, so I know I still look young. I just hope it isn't the way I act that makes people thing I am much younger than I really am.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!! In love that you are embracing 30!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy birthday! I have to say that camping trip looks wonderful, or at least the weather does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Way to embrace 30... it's just a number after all. No big deal.

    And you look so young in that picture. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails